The whole messy, scruffy and casual aesthetic for men has taken a back seat. The modern men are leaning more towards more groomed and slick vibes. Hair removal, and more so, waxing is now a big part of men’s grooming today. What a sight for the sore eyes!
But if you are still on the fence about waxing for men because it seems daunting or your girlfriends have warned you against it, this one’s for you. Read on, and bring your girlfriends too!
Why are more men removing their body hair?
There are plenty of reasons why men might choose to wax their face and body hair. Some men do it for their jobs, while it’s a personal preference to keep their hair groomed.
A New Kind of Masculinity
The old-school rules of what it means to be a "man" have had a makeover. Guys today are making their own grooming rules, rocking everything from a clean shave to a bold beard – and everything in between. Hence, hair removal especially body waxing and face waxing for men has become increasingly popular.
Hair Removal for the Demand of the Profession
Male athletes almost always remove their body hair. Swimmers, cyclists, weight lifters, runners, and almost every other sportsperson remove their body hair. This is because body hair removal improves efficiency. For instance, during swimming, hairless bodies can save up to seconds of time during the lap and help the performance. Cyclists, tennis players and footballers have claimed that it keeps their bodies cool during their playtime.
Men working in the beauty or fashion industry, and specifically male models usually go for waxing for men to remove their body hair for runways, editorials and shoots.
Hair Removal as a Personal Choice
Waxing is a personal choice, as it should be, for both women and men. Some men just like to keep their body hair trimmed or go completely bare and hairless.
The Pop Culture Magic
Movies, TV, and social media have had a huge say in this. Male celebs and social media stars proudly flaunt their grooming routines, making it totally okay for men to wax and apply skincare.
Looking good isn't just about appearances; it's about feeling great. Guys are realizing that grooming isn't just for looking sharp; it's about boosting confidence and self-esteem.
Staying clean and fresh is in. Lots of guys are going for body hair removal because it's cleaner and easier to maintain, and it doesn't trap sweat and odors.
Benefits of Body Hair Removal for Men: More Than Just Smooth Skin
Now, let's get into the nitty-gritty – why are men getting into waxing or body hair removal? It's not just about having silky-smooth skin; there's a lot more to it.
- Hygiene and Freshness: First things first, staying clean and fresh is a top priority. Less hair means less surface area for sweat, dirt, and odours to hang out. So, it's like a 24/7 freshness pass.
- Confidence Boost: Looking in the mirror and seeing smooth, groomed skin? That's like a confidence injection. It's all about feeling great in your own skin and taking on the world with a smile.
- Performance Enhancement: If you're into sports or just love to stay active, you'll love this one. Less body hair can actually boost your performance. Think swimmers gliding through the water with less resistance or cyclists gaining aerodynamic advantages.
- Showcasing Muscles: Got some killer muscles you've been working on? Body hair removal is the ultimate way to show them off. It's like a spotlight on your hard work.
- Easy Maintenance: No more wrestling with unruly body hair. Groomed skin is a breeze to maintain, making your daily routine a whole lot easier.
- Smooth Sensation: Let's face it; smooth skin feels amazing. It's like a never-ending cuddle with your own skin.
So, there you have it – body hair removal isn't just about aesthetics; it's about a cleaner, fresher, and more confident you. Whether you're hitting the gym, gearing up for a big game, or just want to feel awesome every day, it's all about embracing the benefits
Shaving or Waxing: What Should Men Choose?
There are plenty of hair removal products available in the market. But let's face it, waxing and shaving are the most popular ones. They are also the ones that confuse most men and women about which one to choose. So men, we give you a complete breakdown of shaving vs waxing, so that you can make your pick!
We're secretly team waxing, and you'll know why!
Cha-ching! The Pocket Pinch of Shaving vs. Waxing
Shaving costs about $20-30 for a good razor and a can of shaving cream. Shaving regularly also uses up the supplies pretty fast. You might need to invest in multiple replaceable blades and a few bottles of shaving creams per month.
Waxing for men can be quite expensive at the salon because of the hair volume and thickness. It can range from $400-500 for a full-body waxing session. Ouch! The pocket pinch hurts a lot more than the actual waxing, doesn’t it?
Waxing at home will get the work done as effectively but for a lot cheaper. So, men, if you want to groom at home and groom economically, getting an at-home waxing kit is a long-term investment and costs you much less than a salon visit.
With an at-home waxing kit, you get a full body wax for months for under 60 bucks!
The Tress Wellness’s waxing kit is the best choice for waxing for men. It comes with a wax warmer, reusable hard wax beads, waxing sprays and spatulas. Now, you don’t need to break the bank every time you wax!
Breaking the Curse of Ingrown Hair: Shaving vs Waxing
You need to master the right techniques and give your skin a whole lot of aftercare to break the curse of ingrown hair when shaving. Shaving makes you more prone to ingrown hair because it cuts the hair off the skin’s surface. The hair might curl up and grow back into your skin.
Waxing is a miracle hair removal technique for men that prevents ingrown hair. Waxing pulls off your hair from the follicle and leaves no chance for ingrown hair.
Ingrown hair is quite common in your nether regions. And shaving down south can prove to be quite the nightmare for men. You have to go over the same area multiple times to remove some of the most stubborn hair, and that will irritate your delicate skin. What’s next? Your crotch ends up looking like a bruised and scarred battlezone with rashes, bumps and ingrown hair. Waxing gives you a much smoother result and experience.
Stubbly Pokey Hair: Shaving vs Waxing
Feel the pokey stubble in a day or two after shaving?
Feels like the buttery soft skin only stays for a few seconds?
Happens only with shaving.
This is one of the major benefits of waxing for men. With waxing, you are sorted for a few weeks, and even the hair comes out much softer and silkier. Shaved stubble gets really uncomfortable if you are shaving your body parts like the chest, back and down south. Waxing makes sure that you have smooth skin for at least 3-4 weeks.
Waxing clearly takes the cake here!
So, what should you choose?
If you cherish the quick fix and the familiarity of shaving, it's a reliable go-to. But, if you're looking for long-lasting smoothness without the hassle of ingrown hair, waxing may be your new best friend. With an at-home waxer, your home-waxing experience can get economical and convenient, giving smooth results from the comfort of your own space. Beat your waxing beginner blues with the Tress Wellness all-in-one waxing kit that comes with everything you need for at-home waxing.
Body Hair Grooming Tips: How to Master the Art of Grooming
Alright, you're ready to jump into the world of body hair grooming. Whether it's a clean shave, a neatly trimmed look, or something else entirely, here are some tips to make sure you're doing it like a pro:
- Prep Like a Champ: Start by exfoliating your skin before grooming. It removes dead skin cells and makes for a smoother shave or trim.
- Choose the Right Tools: Get the right grooming tools – a good quality trimmer, hard wax and wax warmer. Alternatively, if you wish to shave your hair, get a high-quality razor, shaving creams and after-shave. Don't skimp on this; it's an investment for all the men who are choosing waxing.
- Trim Before You Wax: If your body hair is on the longer side, trim it down before waxing or shaving. This will make sure that your hair is removed effectively and painlessly.
- Go Slow and Steady: When you're shaving, take your time. Rushing can lead to nicks and irritation. Plus, slow and steady wins the grooming race.
- Shower before hair removal: For extra smoothness, take a warm shower. The heat opens up your pores and softens the hair, making it easier to shave.
- Watch the Grain: Pay attention to the direction your hair grows. Shave with the grain to prevent ingrown hairs and irritation.
- Post-Grooming TLC: After grooming, treat your skin right. Use a moisturizer or an aftershave to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
- Regular Maintenance: Grooming isn't a one-and-done deal. Make it a regular part of your routine to keep things in check.
- Embrace Your Style: Finally, remember that grooming is about your personal style. Whether you prefer a clean shave or a little stubble, own your look with confidence.
There you have it, folks – the world of male grooming is evolving, and it's evolving for you. The days of rigid masculinity norms are gone, and now it's all about embracing your own style and self-care. Waxing for men is a viable option if you are going for the prim and prime look.
Whether you're into body hair removal for its practical benefits, the confidence boost, or the sheer joy of looking good, it's all about what works for you. And hey, there's no one-size-fits-all when it comes to grooming. Find your own groove, pick the style that suits you, and make it a part of your self-care routine. So, groom on, gentlemen.
Share this blog with a man who wants to opt for waxing.
Comment if you found it helpful